There are very different views of what types of evidence are most credible in evaluating the effectiveness of psychological treatment research. In this discussion you will analyze basic applied psychological research as well as evaluate how researchers applied a research process in the development of specific components. To begin, read the following articles (which can be accessed through the ProQuest database in the Ashford University Library):
- “Evidence-Based Practice in Psychology: Implications for Research and Research Training”
- “Practice-Based Evidence: Back to the Future”
- “Psychological Treatments: Putting Evidence into Practice and Practice into Evidence”
- What is the main point-of-view in each article?
- What are the primary assumptions each author makes?
- Which author are you inclined to agree with? Support your choice with scholarly reasoning and cite your evidence.