Look back at Assignments 1 through 3 and reflect on the work that you and your IT Security team did for LOTR. In these first three assignments, upper management and the Board of Directors for LOTR asked you to review and repair various access control issues. They have now asked that you create a presentation that will review all the changes that you have implemented to improve access control security. For this final presentation, they have asked for a high-level overview of the procedures you implemented to improve Network Access Control and the newly mapped access controls. They also want you to create a security checklist that can be used to conduct annual access control audits. Finally, they have asked you to make recommendations for three websites that include security RSS feeds to keep the company abreast of possible future security issues/exploits.
To complete Assignment 4, you have two options. You may either create a PowerPoint presentation or a video presentation that includes a high-level overview according to the following criteria
- Summarize the access controls implemented at LOTR. Please provide a brief rationale for each of the recommended and implemented controls.
- Create a security checklist that can be used to conduct annual access control audits.
- Recommend three security websites with the ability to set up a corporate RSS feed. Explain why you selected these three sites. (Note: Please use three quality resources for this last step. Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- For PowerPoint submissions: Your PowerPoint presentation must be submitted as a functional, valid .PPT file through the Blackboard course shell. Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- For video submissions: Please submit a valid link to your video in the Blackboard course shell. Your instructor must be able to see and hear you clearly in the video. In addition to your video link, you must also submit a written summary of the points you cover in the video. Think of your written summary as the “hand-out” you would submit to upper management if you were giving your video presentation in person. Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Please contact your instructor if you have any questions about the above requirements.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine methods that mitigate risk to an IT infrastructure with confidentiality, integrity, availability, and access controls.
- Determine appropriate access controls for information systems within IT infrastructures