Deliverable Length: Presentation of 8–12 slides with 150–200 words of speaker notes per slide
Description: Contract Finalization
Now that you know what you are buying, the requirements, and the types of contracts, you are ready to put the contracts out for bid. Continue to develop your procurement plan, and align it with the rest of the project plan by deciding which bidding methods you will use for each of the following contracts:
- Hiring technicians to install and configure the software for your environment
- Hiring a training entity to teach the student PMs the mechanics of using the new tool
- Buying a new server and software to run the tool and house the project database
- Hiring tool usage experts to transfer knowledge to the student PMs about the use of the tool on the job for the first 60 days after going live
- Planning for the removal and disposal of scheduling tool software and hardware that are no longer to be used
- For each of the contracts above, address the following questions:
- Which bidding method will you use? Why?
- Were there other possible bidding methods that you considered for this contract? Explain.
- How does this procurement task of bid selection integrate with the rest of the project for ADC?
- Once you have selected the ideal bidding method and a bidder has been accepted, how will you ensure that the quality of the final product will be measured effectively?
- What challenges will you need to overcome when measuring and ensuring quality? Why?
- How will you overcome these challenges?
- Compile your responses for the above questions into a PowerPoint presentation of 8–12 slides with 150–200 words of speaker notes per slide.
- Include additional title and reference slides.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.